21a Cleghorn Street
T: 07881 577052
As an experienced Property Manager, my tenacious and proactive approach resulted in over a hundred property purchases. My excellent networking skills have provided my business with vital client leads, and my ability to develop client relationships has resulted in year on year increase in business renewals. I am now able to manage the company with minimum support and have time to devote to other projects. After many years in property, I have recently been building on my sales experience and I am currently seeking a new challenge which will utilise my meticulous attention to detail, and friendly, professional manner.
- Communication Skills: Speaking to tenants on a regular basis, resolving disputes, enticing new tenants, answer questions and hiring workers.
- Customer Service Skills: Worked with tenants to make them and keep happy, and worked hard to get new tenants.
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to work out details with potential tenants, put bids out for work or service on the property, and dealt with many people in the community.
- Organisational Skills: Many facets to a Property Manager's day, working with tenants, with local government, with public works and paying bills.
Waterside Properties, Across Central Scotland – Property Manager
Nov 2000 – Present
After gaining an excellent degree and experience whilst working abroad, I set up a property management company with my own savings and expanded the business rapidly during the early noughties property boom.
- Managed a number of residential developments, primarily focusing on redevelopments
- I dealt with all day-to-day aspects of managing these developments from budgeting to repairs, communicating with residents to analysing property leases.
- Excellent understanding of structural design and ability to provide project forecasts at all stages.
- Developed a thorough knowledge of the legal and financial framework within which a property company must operate.
- Agreement of fees with suppliers and consultants.
- Ensured the projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Entu Energy, Tayside & Perth – Field Sales Executive
Oct 2015 – Mar 2016
My current role of Field Sales Executive involves visiting customers, attending pre-arranged appointments in their own homes to conduct an energy assessment and deliver a solution to suit thee customer’s needs and help reduce their energy costs.
- Sold approved gas boilers cost ranging from £2800 to £6000
- Managed a portfolio of accounts, saving customers up 50%
- Engaged in project management duties
- Using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business
- Leading and training other members of the account team
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients
Glencore PLC, Singapore - Student Placement
Jun 1999 – Sep 1999
I carried out my placement with Glencore whilst between 3rd and 4th of university course. I was part of a busy imports team and also worked on computer maintenance.
- Handled all aspects of Imports including Customs entries.
- Updated branch compliance which included system management.
- Liaised with airlines, handling agents and other freight forwarding companies.
- Upgrading existing hardware and software.
- Tested systems to make sure that they are working properly servicing printers, scanners and other office equipment.
Southwestern Company, Colorado – Field Sales Advisor
Jun 1998 – Sep 1998
This was a great opportunity for me to gain some vital work experience. This was a challenging role as a Field Sales Advisor going from door to door selling the encyclopedia.
- Built up a strong work ethic and had a proactive approach.
- Quickly adapted a sales approach to fit a customer’s personality.
- Gained superb negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated products and their benefits to customers.
- Ability to quickly get over being rejected by a customer and move on.
University of Dundee
Sep 1996 – Jun 2000
Bachelor of Science with honours, Applied Computing 2:2
Harris Academy, Dundee
Aug 1989 - Jun 1995
Higher Grades: English A, Maths A, Chemistry A, Physics B, and Biology A.
Standard Grades: English 1, Maths 1, German 1, Geography 1, Chemistry 1, Physics 1, Biology 1, Computing Studies 1.
Hobbies & Interests
Away from work I enjoy spending time with my children and going out as a family. I also enjoy keeping fit and go to the gym on a regular basis.
Available on request